Help Desk


Where do I get a building permit?

Through an inter-local agreement with Mecklenburg County, all building permit activity in the Town of Mint Hill and the extra-territorial jurisdiction is provided by Mecklenburg County. Particularly, the Land Use and Environmental Services Agency (LUESA) of Mecklenburg County.

Category: Planning & Zoning


What is an accessory structure?

A structure subordinate or incidental to the principal structure. Accessory structures include detached garages (with or without mother‐in‐law suites or rental cottages), storage buildings, pool houses, and material storage areas. An attached garage is also considered an accessory structure. An attached garage is one that is attached to the primary structure and provides storage for automobiles.

Category: Planning & Zoning


What is conditional zoning?

Conditional Zoning applies when a Principal Permitted Use, listed in Article 5‐Section 5.2 of the Unified Development Ordinance designates "CD" in the chart. An approved Conditional Zoning application by the Board of Commissioners generates a Conditional District. This is a zoning district in which the development and use of the property will be subject to predetermined ordinance standards as well as any additional rules, regulations, and conditions included as part of the legislative decision.

Category: Planning & Zoning


What is an appeal?

Administrative decisions regarding the implementation of the Unified Development Ordinance such as interpretations, determinations of whether a particular use is allowed in particular zoning district and notices of violation may be appealed to the Board of Adjustment.

Category: Planning & Zoning

Search Results 1-4 of 9

Submit a Support Ticket


Design and Code by Kaleidoscopic
Powered by PageCraftCMS