Garbage Collection

Garbage & Yard Waste

Curbside garbage & yard waste

Pick up is provided once a week and contracted for a maximum of 1 roll-out container (provided by the town). Garbage and yard waste should be placed at the curb by 7:00 am and weigh no more than 75 pounds per pickup. For a more sanitary service, garbage should be bagged, but not required. Garbage only should be placed in the roll-out containers. Appliances (stoves, refrigerators, washers, and dryers) will be picked up if prearranged by contacting Waste Pro.

For questions regarding collection or to arrange a special pick up, please call 980-296-1126 or submit one of the online forms below

Request a special pickup
Report a complaint
Give a compliment

Flat cardboard boxes, brown paper bags, magazines, newspaper
Clothing, bagged
Grass clippings and leaves in bags / cans (10 bag limit)
Packing materials

Limbs and brush should be separated from other waste. these should be left not more than five feet in length and not over six inches in diameter. Never place more than one pile of limbs or brush, approximately four feet high by four feet wide and five feet in length, at the curb each week. If yard waste exceeds these specifications, no service will be provided.

Any material not acceptable at the landfill
Building materials
Oil or other petroleum products
Partially filled paint cans
Rubber tires
Tree stumps or logs
Wood blocks


Broken glass, fluorescent and television tubes will be picked up at the curb, but have special requirements for pickup. They should be should be securely wrapped to prevent injury to the collection crews.
The more we recycle, the more we conserve our environment.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I dispose of reusable bulky waste, i.e. old couch, stove, etc.?

If you have reusable bulky waste that you would like to donate to a non-profit organization contact Goodwill Industries, United Way, Habitat for Humanity Restore or The Salvation Army for more information. You can also contact Waste Pro at 980-296-1126 or complete the online service request form to arrange a pick up at your own cost.

There are several Full-service Recycling Centers in Mecklenburg County available to the public.

Go to FAQ

How do I properly dispose of old paint cans and other hazardous waste?

Mecklenburg County Solid Waste and Recycling offers free household hazardous waste disposal to residents living in Mint Hill. By disposing of household hazardous waste properly, citizens help to protect our water supply and natural resources.

Go to FAQ

How do I request a recycle bin?

Contact the Town Hall at (704) 545-9726.

Go to FAQ

How do I know my garbage collection schedule?

Contact Waste Pro if you are new to the area and need to know your pick up day at 980-296-1126 or complete the online service form.

Go to FAQ

How do I know what items can be place in the recycle bin?

A downloadable information sheet is provided for general information and questions. If you have specific questions, contact the Town Hall at (704) 545-9726. Solid Waste/Recycling Information

Go to FAQ

How do I report a missed trash pick up?

Contact Waste Pro at 980-296-1126 or complete the online service request form.

Go to FAQ

How do I recycle my old electronics?

There are several places to recycle your old electronics in Mecklenburg County. Make sure you call ahead. Recycle Old Electronics

Go to FAQ

Create a Support Ticket


Design and Code by Kaleidoscopic
Powered by PageCraftCMS